The Best SEO Conferences in 2023
Our annual list of the best SEO conferences compiles every conference that has achieved some degree of recognition in the SEO industry. Below, you’ll find all upcoming SEO conferences listed in chronological order, along with their location, costs, and featured speakers. We’ve also given a score to each conference along the dimensions of Content Quality, Practical Takeaway Value, Networking Opportunities, and Overall Score.
The Best SEO Conferences of 2023, Scored and Ranked
The chart below lists what our editors consider the best SEO conferences of 2023. Where speakers and content have not yet been announced, we base our rating on how well the event has scored in previous years.
|Name||Date||Location||Cost||Speakers||Content Quality||Practical Takeaway Value||Networking Opportunities||Overall Quality|
|SearchLove Philadelphia||March 13-14, 2023||San Diego, CA||$999-$1,299||TBD||8.5||8||8||8|
|B2B Marketing Expo||March 21-22, 2023||Los Angeles, CA||Free||Rose Rippey, Safwan Chowdhury, Don Batsford||9||8||9||8.5|
|DMO Advanced||March 28-30, 2023||Napa Valley, CA||$399 to $1,999||TBD||6||7.5||9.5||8|
|DigiMarCon East||April 27-28, 2023||New York, NY||$597-$997||TBD||8||8||9||8|
|Confab||April 30–May 3, 2023||Minneapolis, MN||$1,595-$2,495||Candi Williams, Dani French, Vidhika Bansal||9||9||9.5||9|
|DigiMarCon Midwest||May 3-4, 2023||Chicago, CA||$597-$997||TBD||8||8||7||7.5|
|DigiMarCon California||June 1-2, 2023||San Diego, CA||$597-$997||TBD||8||8||8||8|
|MnSearch Summit||June 9-10, 2023||St. Paul, MN||TBD||Jenny Halasz, Christina Garnett, Navah Hopkins||8||8.5||7.5||8|
|DigiMarCon Silicon Valley||July 10-11, 2023||San Francisco, CA||$597-$997||TBD||8||8||10||9|
|MozCon||August 7-9, 2023||Seattle, WA||$699-$999||TBD||8.5||8.5||9.5||9|
|Engage||August 11, 2023||Portland, OR||TBD||TBD||8||7||8||8|
|SearchLove Philadelphia||Summer 2023||Philadelphia, PA||TBD||TBD||8||8||9||8.5|
|Content Marketing World||September 26-29, 2023||Washington, DC||$899 and up (expected)||TBD||8||7.5||7||7|
Top 5 SEO Conferences by Content Quality
If you’re purely viewing the value of a conference by the quality of the speakers and the ideas they communicate, the below 5 conferences are the best ones coming up.
|B2B Marketing Expo||April 6-7, 2022||Los Angeles, CA||Free||Stephen Gorgey, Paul Breseden, Chip House||9|
|Confab||March 21-22, 2023||Los Angeles, CA||Free||Rose Rippey, Safwan Chowdhury, Don Batsford||9|
|SearchLove Philadelphia||March 13-14, 2023||San Diego, CA||$999-$1,299||TBD||8.5|
|MozCon||August 7-9, 2023||Seattle, WA||$699-$999||TBD||8.5|
|DigiMarCon Silicon Valley||July 10-11, 2023||San Francisco, CA||$597-$997||TBD||8|
Top 5 SEO Conferences by Practical Takeaway Value
If you’re looking for a conference to provide you and your team with ideas you can put to work right away, these conferences offer the best practical takeaway value.
|Name||Date||Location||Cost||Speakers||Practical Takeaway Value|
|Confab||April 30–May 3, 2023||Minneapolis, MN||$1,595-$2,495||Candi Williams, Dani French, Vidhika Bansal||9|
|MnSearch Summit||June 9-10, 2023||St. Paul, MN||TBD||Jenny Halasz, Christina Garnett, Navah Hopkins||8.5|
|MozCon||August 7-9, 2023||Seattle, WA||$699-$999||TBD||8.5|
|B2B Marketing Expo||March 21-22, 2023||Los Angeles, CA||Free||Rose Rippey, Safwan Chowdhury, Don Batsford||8|
|DigiMarCon East||April 27-28, 2023||New York, NY||$597-$997||TBD||8|
Top 5 SEO Conferences by Networking Opportunities
Many SEO and marketing professionals go to conferences primarily for networking, and secondarily for the content itself. If networking is your main goal, the 5 conferences below are your strongest contenders.
|DigiMarCon Silicon Valley||July 10-11, 2023||San Francisco, CA||$597-$997||TBD||10|
|DMO Advanced||March 28-30, 2023||Napa Valley, CA||$399 to $1,999||TBD||9.5|
|Confab||April 30–May 3, 2023||Minneapolis, MN||$1,595-$2,495||Candi Williams, Dani French, Vidhika Bansal||9.5|
|MozCon||August 7-9, 2023||Seattle, WA||$699-$999||TBD||9|
|SearchLove Philadelphia||Summer 2023||Philadelphia, PA||TBD||TBD||9|
Best SEO Conferences 2021-2022: The Upshot
If you’re just looking to understand the “vibe” of each conference, we offer our Editors’ evaluation of each conference in a sentence or two below.
- B2B Marketing Expo: This conference is, as you might expect from the name, focused exclusively on B2B. The focus on digital marketing makes this conference particularly worth attending.
- Confab: 2023 will mark Confab’s final conference, and it promises 4 full days of workshops, talks, breakout sessions, and networking opportunities. As always, the focus is on content strategy and includes access to an on-demand video library.
- Content Marketing World: This in-person conference moves to a new location in Washington DC for 2023, offering closer contact with peers and potential partners. It boasts education tracks on SEO, content strategy, and creativity aimed at the best and brightest in the digital space.
- DigiMarCon: This is a huge series of conferences showcasing emerging trends and best practices. There are events all over the world, so you can find one near you. We’ve highlighted the four in this list—Silicon Valley, California, East, and Midwest—because of the networking opportunities their locations represent.
- DMO Advanced: This conference is a prime networking opportunity for digital marketers, but content quality is lacking compared to other conferences taking place in 2023.
- Engage: This conference traditionally has a Portland, OR vibe in the way it’s being produced (LARPy, food trucks). The content focus here is on strategy and technological advances in marketing, social, UX design, creative, and SEO.
- MozCon: Every year, MozCon is one of the best opportunities to learn and network, with deep dives into SEO, content marketing, conversion, and analytics. MozCon has returned to in-person, making it an excellent event for networking with other SEO professionals.
- MnSearch Summit: MnSearch summit is workshop focused, making it best for marketers looking primarily for practical takeaways rather than networking opportunities.
- SearchLove: SearchLove is an SEO-first conference series, with each event digging into actionable trends and the latest Google algorithm updates. Notably, while SearchLove often includes content discussing other marketing concerns such as branding or PPC, these are viewed from a SEO perspective.
Getting in Touch With Us
Whether you’re looking to connect with experts in the industry or making sure your team status abreast of current SEO developments, we hope this list helps in deciding where to spend your time. If you have any questions about this list, or if you’d like your own conference added, contact us here.